Note: Inspired by the OK manifesto in the context of a fascinating story (Everything Is Going to Be OK: What a 1994 Branding Fiasco Can Teach Us About Counterculture and Commerce), the OK DESIGN Manifesto tried. So here it is.
The OK DESIGN Manifesto*
1. What’s the point of design? Well, what’s the point of anything?
2. Design empathetically accepts anything that is not design, and fully supports anything that is.
3. The better you understand something, the more design it turns out to have.
4. Designer says, “Don’t be fooled into thinking there has to be a reason for everything. But also don’t be fooled into thinking there hasn’t to be a reason for every design.”
5. Design reveals the surprising truth about people and situations.
6. Design does not subscribe to any religion, or endorse any political party, or do anything other than take responsibility.
7. There is no real secret to designing.
8. Design may be the preferred way of other people such as yourself.
9. Never overestimate the remarkable abilities of design.
* No designers were harmed in the writing of this manifesto.